Immediate Job Opening – 7/18/2022
What we do: At SilcsBio, we are passionate about accelerating the pace of drug discovery. We are scientists, chemists, programmers, and innovators developing and utilizing next generation computer-aided drug design for end-to-end solutions in small molecule and biologics development.We are seeking a Senior Applications Scientist to manage customer service projects as well as support technical software sales. We enable drug discovery scientists to discover new drug candidates, optimize lead compound candidates, and facilitate the formulation of protein-based drugs using a patented physics-and structure-based approach.
What you will do:
- Work as part of a dynamic, inclusive, and eager team who will support your professional development, rise to challenges with you, and grow together
- Use our in-house software and third-party commercial modeling software as well as various open-source software packages to carry out tasks in a timely fashion•Interface with customers for technical support and sales
- Perform molecular modeling, including:
- Molecular dynamics simulations and analysis of receptor/ligand complexes.oSILCS simulations and FragMap generation using our GCMC/MD technology Pharmacophore and SILCS-based database screening
- Allosteric binding site identification and characterization
- Fragment-based drug design and development
- RMSD and chemical fingerprint cluster analysis
- SILCS Lead compound optimization
- SILCS Biologics protein-based drug formulation
- Calculation of ligand physiochemical properties for bioavailability prediction
- Benchmark performance of various computational binding affinity methods
- Contribute to the maintenance, implementation, and development of the SILCS code base
What you need to be successful: A robust understanding of molecular modeling in the areas of computational chemistry, biology, and biophysics. A strong background in predictive science including using modeling tools for structure based-drug design, macromolecule design, and antibody modeling. Expertise in Bash and Python scripting, and scientific software maintenance and development, especiallyC/C++. Familiarity with high-performance computing (HPC) environments. A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical disciplines, or related fields is preferred.
Where you will work: You will be the center of the entrepreneurial renaissance of Baltimore, giving you the opportunity to interact with some of the nation’s most exciting technology companies. Located at 1100 Wicomico Street, our offices are intermingled with firms doing engineering design, software development, specialty textiles, 3D printing, and so much more. There is even a brewery.
Part of the EarlyCharm Ventures Team: As a portfolio company of Early Charm Ventures, SilcsBio’s team is part of the larger Early Charm team. This provides you with better benefits, opportunities to engage with other technologies and a chance to experience a broad range of entrepreneurial ventures.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Creativity is the soul of Early Charm. We expand creativity by actively seeking out and embracing diversity in all its forms. Diversity of thought, of experience, of culture, of race, of expression and ultimately of the individual is, therefore, our soul.
Action and cooperation drive our success at Early Charm. We foster action through equity. Equity means we treat everyone with respect, empower everyone to make decisions, help everyone to advance their career and compensate everyone fairly. We encourage cooperation by being inclusive. Inclusive means celebrating each other’s differences, listening to each other’s views, and empowering each other to be individuals through our own actions. Equity and inclusion, therefore, is our success.
- Name your own holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave•Medical, Life and Dental Insurance
- 401K with matching
How to Join Us: Please send your resume and cover letter to Olumide Kayodeat firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.