Are You Looking To Develop A New Materials Technology?
Medical device company developing first therapeutic bandage
The client developed a novel bandage at laboratory scale demonstrating high efficacy intreating skin tumors in animal studies.
The project required a high loading of ceramic nanoparticles be incorporated directly into the nanofibers at the time of electrospinning, and the manufacturing process needed to be translated from small lab prototype to a scalable continuous process
Dipole Materials developed multiple solutions to produce this product including:
- A newlarge batch synthesis of the ceramic nanoparticle material
- A needless electrospinning process capable of incorporating up to 50 wt%nanoparticles into thenanofiber
- A novel packaging system to eliminate nanoparticle loss during subsequentprocessing and application of the bandage
- A bandage with equivalent efficacy to lab prototypes
- A scalable manufacturing process
- Process and performance datasufficient for FDA 501k filing
Early phase medical device company developing first therapeutic bandage